Friday, March 16, 2012

Planes can still fly...

...when you don't turn off your phone. This was only one of the mishaps I had this morning trying to leave RIC. I left my belt in the security line and tried to hand it off to the guy in front of me. When he politely turned it down, I realized it was mine. I then marched up to the body scanner and proceeded through. As I was standing there with my hands in the air, I realized I still had my Chapstick in my pocket. Guess what - they noticed. "Do you have anything in your left pocket air?" Thankfully they didn't make me throw my Burt's Bees out (things may have gotten nasty at 5:15 am at RIC if that were not the case.)

I managed to compose myself and send some work emails while I waited to board. After valet checking my bag (American is fancy - no gate checking for them!) I then had to ask the guy behind me if I was in the right seat. He gave me a look that said "you do not travel enough" and I have him a look that said "that's an unfortunate shirt choice your wife made for you this morning. I then proceeded to zonk out on the flight and I'm pretty sure my mouth was wide open and even though I had my travel pillow, my head was bobbing. Awesome.

In order to increase my travel karma, I will do my absolute best to not give dirty looks to the people that are not such wordly travelers as I. (Seriously though. I've flown at least once a month since September - I got this.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to need you to pull yourself together and if you pull this when we fly to STL I may pretend I dont know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a rough morning! At this very moment, Matt is giving all valid reasons why you shouldnt have your phone on. LOL
    PS-where are you flying to today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt would know all the reasons for that. I joined mom and dad in Tunica for the weekend. PS - screw Vegas, we all need to go there for a trip. Cheaper gambling, cheap hotels and cheap food. Just roll through and pick me up at Memphis airport!

      Delete